IDUG Boston and the Design & Digital Media Department of Mount Ida College proudly present...
When: November 16, 2016 (6:30pm to 9:30pm)
Where: Carson Hall @ Mount Ida College
$$$: Free admission, as all our events are.
What is color management, really? What happens between your desktop monitor and the output destination of your artwork? And, how can that be harnessed to create better images?
Brian Alterio, photographer, lecturer and digital technology expert, began working at the forefront of the digital imaging technology movement in the late 70’s, and his expertise spans the decades of color output technology since. He will share his experience with color management, with advice on getting the optimal output from your designs.
Some of what will be covered:
- What is color management?
- How can it help designs & photographs?
- What are the differences between Monitor [Additive color] and
Print [Subtractive color]?
- What is meant by Color Gamut and how is this effected by color management.
- RGB vs CMYK
- .Raw vs .Jpeg
- How can you effect output through the print driver
- Digital print vs Offset lithography
- Preparing for multi level B/W separations.
- What do printers expect as deliverables?
Co-sponsored by the Design & Digital Media Department of Mount Ida College.
Please RSVP at:
Directions to Mount Ida: http://www.mountida.edu/admissions-aid/visiting-campus/directions/
Brian Alterio: http://www.brianalterio.com/